Tuesday, July 10, 2007

where everyone knows your name

There's an awesome new fitness studio in my neighborhood (http://www.innerstrengthstudio.com/), and I am hopelessly addicted to a few classes. The only weirdness lies with a certain yoga instructor. I've been to her class a few times and love her; it's just that she calls me Marina instead of Maureen. It's my fault really. When she misstated it the second week of class, I told her I was impressed that she remembered. I figured that close was good enough. And it is until you see the person week in and week out and you've led her to believe your name is something else. Last night, I was attempting to do bridge pose when she walked over, straddled me, and helped pull me into position.

"Are you okay Marina?"

Now that was awkward. Her face was a foot from mine with her arms pulling my inflexible, sweaty body into the best bridge I could muster, and I could still not mumble my own name.

No comments: