Saturday, July 07, 2007

92 degrees + dog + ice cream = trouble


Let's not beat around the bush here. I spoil Vegas. I spoil her as most kids would love to be spoiled. Yesterday, Schyler and I took Veg to Lake Nokomis to swim. We made our way to various beaches and eventually hit the ice cream stand. I ordered two cones and a dish of vanilla for Veg. The kid held out the dish awkwardly and peered through the glass, wondering if I was so piggish as to order two for myself. We walked past a few groups of whining, begging kids pulling their parents' arms toward the ice cream. And then we gorged. Vegas was dainty at first, and then, with one cup-sized chunk left, she went for it.

Everything seemed fine. We walked back around the lake. She swam with Schyler again. Then we got home, and Schyler called upstairs to me, "Uh, Maureen? I think Vegas spit up some ice cream."

The "some" turned out to be a lot. Yuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for some dog friendly ice cream, it might be easy to find. My fam used to buy Abby some stuff called "Frosty Paws" at Jubilee. Abby loved it.

maureen said...

I should be more responsible and buy her that stuff. It was an impulse buy.