Thursday, July 26, 2007

everything but the kitchen sink

There's a good reason that plumbers are paid so well--plumbing really sucks. After work today, I thought my night would be simple. All I had to do was install two faucets, two drains, and connect the sink to the waste pipe. I thought it would take two hours tops, three if I had big problems. Well, it's four hours later. I've called my dad twice. I've been to the hardware and liquor stores once. I've now taken myself out of the faucet game. Sure, I could do it, but, again, it sucks. My hands and shirt are full of plumbers' putty, and my thighs are so sore from bootcamp yesterday that crouching under the sink is honestly a pain. Besides, Matt will gain lots of satisfaction from doing it, and I'd much rather watch Anthony Bourdain smoke and walk his lanky self around the world.

No comments: