Sunday, July 15, 2007

twins' stitch and pitch. say what?

Baseball is a hard sell to some people. I, myself, get rather bored at games. Without a time clock, you never know just how long games will last, which makes it rather hard for me to maintain any sort of attention span. Trying to drum up some excitement, the Twins are turning to...knitting? In fact, they are. On July 22nd, they're holding their second annual Stitch N' Pitch. Apparently these events are taking place at ballparks around the nation. Knitting may be enjoying a renaissance, but in what way is it related to baseball?

The manager appears on the TV spots proclaiming that you can watch the game and crochet! You can even get tips from experts! I still don't get it. They're encouraging people to come to the baseball game and not watch it. I do that at games all the time, but it seems strange that the ball team would actually advertise inattention.

What's next? Hitch and Pitch? A singles dating game? Bitch and Pitch? A chance for wives to express their feelings?

Maybe the Twins should focus on drawing crowds through, I don't know, quality baseball?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that knitting and baseball are really unrelated. You can still knit and watch baseball, though. I know a few people who knit during staff meetings. They're so good at knitting that they rarely have to look at their stiching. Me, I still can't knit.