Saturday, November 26, 2005

the yoo-hoo blues

Why do my neighbors keep talking to me? Geez. I can hardly leave the house without a “Yoo-hoo! Are you our new neighbor?” Last night, I was out shoveling when I got accosted by a woman from across the street.
“Hello? Hello there! Say, I’m ______ (insert correct name here. I have no clue what she said). You just moved in, eh? Your first house? Yes, well, we hated to see what’s their name go. They had such cute little ones, you know? Do you have little ones? Have you met the neighbors? That there is Dee and Virgil, then there’s, oh geez, I forget, and then there’s that divorced couple, and next to them are two young men and a girl. They live with a girl and they’re pretty nice guys and…” I’m convinced she could’ve gone on forever.

No comments: