Sunday, November 06, 2005

homeland security

Last night was the first time I was alone in our house late at night. I have always been a big wimp about being home alone. Every little noise freaks me out, but nothing is worse than an uncovered window. It really bothers me when people can see in, but I can't see out. Our kitchen door is half-window, so every time I walk by at night, I run. I can't just walk up from the basement and casually walk through the kitchen-I bolt, really. I've been this way since I was a kid and refused to sleep if I didn't have a blanket over myself no matter how hot it was. As long as no one could see me, I felt safe. I am a pretty paranoid person, aren't I? I guess I don't care if it makes me a wuss, but I just can't handle naked windows. I refused to let Matt leave last night before the kitchen door was covered, so I grabbed a bath towel and roll of painter's tape and went to town.

No comments: