Wednesday, February 22, 2006

the warzone

Ahh...the dead of winter. I can't really complain since it's been relatively nice out, but I have a serious winter issue looming. We have no snow. Now I hate driving in snow. I hate snow sports. I hate when snow gets in my shoes. But I love its ability to cover up crap in the backyard.

With Vegas, I was determined to pick up the yard regularly. I wanted it to be clean so in the summer I could frolic barefoot in the green grass without worries. That just didn't happen. It was easy to ignore the growing disaster because it kept snowing and covering it up, but that just isn't happening anymore. Matt and I keep talking about it, keep throwing around the phrase "chisel them out," but we're still walking right past the yard every day trying to not too look.

Maybe I can find a good yard cleanup business in the Yellow Pages. I'm hoping to anyway because the idea of spending a cold afternoon with a garbage bag and shovel makes me want to move.

No comments: